The Royal College of Occupational Therapists
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) is the professional body for occupational therapists across the UK.
With over 33,000 members, RCOT is the leading voice for occupational therapy, raising the profile of the profession and supporting members to thrive in their role. RCOT sets the professional and educational standards for occupational therapists, and promotes research to ensure the evidence base underpinning occupational therapy practice continues to grow.
As a member of RCOT, you are joining thousands of your colleagues in a vibrant professional community, and you will enjoy many great member benefits:
Find out more about these benefits and membership on the RCOT website: rcot.co.uk/joinus
To support members and promote occupational therapy, RCOT’s activities include:
- Accrediting occupational therapy pre-registration programmes
- Endorsing training opportunities
- Responding to government consultations in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Influencing commissioners of health and social services
- Setting the RCOT Research and Development Strategy to inform, guide and direct the development of research in the occupational therapy profession in the UK
- Providing specialist resources and learning opportunities to support members with continuing professional development (CPD)
- Producing key publications on areas of practice
- Producing member-only monthly publications including OTnews magazine, Highlight e-newsletter and British Journal of Occupational Therapy, the only monthly peer-reviewed occupational therapy journal
Discover more about RCOT at: rcot.co.uk