25 Sep 2015
PMG and The Occupational Therapy Show Collaborate!
PMG is happy to announce that we will be working in collaboration with The Occupational Therapy Show this year!
The Occupational Therapy Show will be taking place on the 25th and 26th November 2015 at the NEC, Birmingham. The show is the UK’s largest dedicated event for Occupational Therapists, and combines a large scale programme of accredited CPD education with a major trade show floor.
As part of the collaboration, Gail Russell, chair of PMG’s Education & Training Committee, will be presenting a 45-minute session on the Keynote Stage entitled 'More than wheels’. The session will look at the importance of individually prescribed wheelchairs being provided in a timely manner, and how the correct wheelchair seating can be incorporated into a 24-hour approach to postural management, enabling better function and independence, increasing participation and reducing the care load.
There are also lots of other sessions taking place over the two days which are relevant to posture and mobility; to take a look at the full programme simply click here.
The Occupational Therapy Show is FREE to attend, and offers attendees the following:
- Access to over 100 OT focused and interactive lectures, seminars and practical workshops
- Over 60 hours of CPD education
- World-renowned speakers and experts including Michael Mandelstam, Sidney Chu, Claire Craig, Professor Gaynor Sadlo and many more
- An update of learning in physical health, mental health and learning difficulties, children and families, innovation plus many more hot topics, specialist areas and new research relevant to OTs in practice
- The opportunity to research and source new products and services through a network of over 300 trade exhibitors and suppliers.
PMG will also be exhibiting at the show, with committee members and staff available to answer any questions you may have about the group, including presenting at our conference, writing a journal article or submitting a research proposal. If you would like to become more involved with PMG, visiting our stand will be a good opportunity to come and discuss the options available to you.
If you have any OT friends or colleagues who are new to the field of posture and mobility, The Occupational Therapy Show will be a great chance for them to meet us, learn more about PMG and sign up as a member! We are particularly interested in reaching out to OTs working in the community, in order to help unify the approach of wheelchair services and community equipment providers, so please do spread the word!
You can come and find us on stand G26a!
Register to attend The Occupational Therapy Show for FREE here: www.theotshow.com/pmg.
The PMG Team