CPD is an important part of registrants' continuing registration with the HCPC. The Occupational Therapy Show 2019 can assist you in meeting the HCPC requirements.
If you have not yet received your CPD certificate from The Occupational Therapy Show, please click here.
The HCPC expects registrants to continue to develop their knowledge and skills while they are registered so they can be confident that they are able to practise safely and effectively.
The HCPC's standards for CPD say that a registrant must:
- Maintain a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities;
- Demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice;
- Seek to ensure that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice and service delivery;
- Seek to ensure that their CPD benefits the service user;
- Upon request, present a written profile (which must be their own work and supported by evidence) explaining how they have met the standards for CPD.