The role of the OT in a Driving Assessment
This CPD session will outline the role of occupational therapists in driving assessments. It will demonstrate how they provide cognitive and on-road assessments.
- Awareness of the steps an occupational therapist carries out during a client assessment
- The steps required to ascertain if a driver is safe to drive
- Awareness of assessment challenges in relation to different medical conditions
- Consideration of which vehicles and adaptations are most suitable
- Advice on obtaining a driving licence, theory tests and driving lessons
- Building confidence with a driving instructor