The OT's Role in DFG Decision Making
OTs play a key role in the award of Disabled Facilities Grants. In this session we will go through the legislation, regulations and case law that you need to know. And discuss how you can collaborate with your housing colleagues to co-produce home adaptations with disabled people and their families.
- Attendees will leave with:
- Legal Acumen: Grasp of legislation, regulations, and case law guiding DFG decisions.
- Collaboration Skills: Ability to co-create tailored home adaptations with housing colleagues.
- Client-Centered Approach: Skills to ensure adaptations meet disabled individuals' needs and preferences.
- Practical Know-How: Implementation strategies for real-world scenarios. This empowers OTs to excel in DFG decision making and create positive impacts on disabled individuals and their families' lives.