Hubs Mobility Advice Service - how do we keep connected in the community?
Operated by Driving Mobility, the Hubs Service advises on accessible transport solutions that enable people to stay connected with their community and beyond, especially when driving is not an option. Hubs aims to do this through:
- Encouraging and enabling older drivers to consider a driving retirement plan
- Providing guidance on inclusive public transport options
- Signposting to local partners such as community transport schemes
- Travel ‘befriending’ and ‘buddying’ services
- Providing information on the legal rights of disabled passengers
- Offering advice on appropriate mobility equipment
Attendees will gain insight into how the Hubs Mobility Advice Service works with healthcare professionals to improve awareness of transport and travel options for clients with restricted mobility. The session will also explore how the Driver Retirement Plan is a working tool that can help avoid the trauma of driving cessation.