Assessing Transport for Wheelchair Occupants
A workshop for occupational therapists and healthcare professionals, designed to guide the process of identifying and procuring safe, inclusive and comfortable transport solutions for wheelchair users.
You’ll be introduced to key details you should look for when assessing mobility needs; get insight into what factors influence comfort, inclusion, and safety when travelling; and gain an understanding of the funding options and exemptions available and key considerations when building cost reports.
- Understanding the basic options available for personal transportation for wheelchair users
- Be able to carry out a basic needs assessment for a wheelchair user looking for personal transport
- Understanding the relevant legislation affecting wheelchair accessible transport and safety testing for wheelchairs
- Be able to identify the main factors contributing to comfort, suitability and safety for personal transportation for wheelchair users
- Understanding the main considerations when cost reporting for personal transport